Bouncer fights dismissal

The Oxford Union is set to face an electoral tribunal after sacked bouncer Imran Abrahams vowed to fight the allegations that led to his dismissal over the Christmas vacation.Describing the entire affair as a “fucking joke” Abrahams refused to comment further but was known to be in close contact with his lawyers throughout the week, as well as liaising with other Union insiders in efforts to secure his former position.Abrahams left his medical degree at Oriel College to work as a full time security officer at the Union. A former captain of the blues boxing team, he is skilled in Kray Maga – the Israeli military defence art. Members of Standing Committee, the Society’s ruling executive, were given the details regarding his departure in a secret meeting on Monday, an act which invariably ensures the leaking of all confidential information. Union President Edward Tomlinson stated that he was unable to enter into the details of the events concerned, merely confirming that Abrahams had engaged in actions warranting the charge of “gross misconduct”.At the time of going to print Cherwell is unable to disclose any details regarding the disputed allegations upon which Mr Abrahams’ dismissal was based.
Archive: 0th week HT 2004