Nose broken after unprovoked dancefloor assault

A Univ fresher’s nose was broken after a fight at the Old Fire Station night club last Wednesday night, allegedly with another student.
The assault took place during a drinking session with the University College rugby team. A teammate knocked into another man at the club while dancing, provoking him to punch the fresher in the face.
The victim, who did not wish to be named, said, “I don’t know who the guy was but I think he was a student. Something annoyed him. I think one of my mates may have knocked into him. He turned around and hit me in the face.
“The bouncers kicked both of us out, saying they wanted no trouble from us. I went to hospital and they said I had fractured my nose.”
A witness at the scene reported hearing a commotion and then seeing a man being led out of the OFS.
“It happened really quickly,” he said. “I saw nothing but I heard a lot of shouting behind me. When I turned round I saw him [the victim of the assault] being kicked out. I heard he went straight to hospital. The whole thing’s pretty bad. There is no need for this kind of thing to happen on a night out, especially when the guy doesn’t seem to have done anything to provoke the attack.”
The identity of the attacker was not known though the victim suspected he was an Oxford undergraduate. The victim said he would not be pressing charges, and Thames Valley Police confirmed that no arrests were made in connection with the assault.
The news follows a campaign by local police at the beginning of the term to prevent anti-social behaviour induced by drink. University students were warned during a month-long campaign of bus ads, posters and radio broadcasts that strict penalties for anti-social behaviour fuelled by alcohol and drugs use would be imposed.