And they’re off…

It’s that time of year again: the annual scramble to see who Rupert and his cronies will pick to be one of the chosen Murdoch scholars (PDF).

The scheme has an illustrious set of alumni. Well, not really, but a few of the recent scholars are in pretty decent meedjya jobs these days.

Last year saw four Cherwellites, two OxStuds, one from someting called Oxide (?) and some randomer that no one knew head off to Wapping, but in previous years it’s been weighted in the OxStu’s favour. They tend to only pick newsy types, and those with lashings of work experience, but anyone with a hanful of decent news cuts is in with a good chance. Maybe the wide-eyed young hopefuls would like to send Saint Aldate their CVs so we can sort out some odds: [email protected]

So the question is, who’s going for it this year? All the current editors (Kenber, Cox Jensen and Kuchler) are having a go. So’s Lolhouse, who spends so much time on the OxStu front page that he’s applied for citizenship. Maybe Cal Flyn is having a whack? Cherwell dog of old James Rogers was spotted at the pre-application talk last term.

Who else is in the running? In the words of the Stu, tell us what you know.  Except we won’t make it up if you don’t.