Neighbourhood Watch: Figment

With some processed meat and a few hours kip on board, Figment’s bassist/vocalist Sandy is damn happy. Their highly anticipated Wadstock slot has gone without a hitch.

However, it wasn’t looking quite so rosy pre-set: ‘I wasn’t sure how it was going to go,’ he muses, ‘We felt we really had something to prove after last year.’ Despite sending the crowd into a rip-roaring frenzy the band felt they had let themselves down a little; a few beers too many leading to what they perceived to be an error-strewn set.

This year however things were rather different. Not only were they stars of the show; this time they feel they’ve earned the morning-after accolades. ‘We feel really proud, this time when people say ‘you were amazing’ I can just say thanks and not feel guilty about it.’ This time it was tight, it was frantic and it was the highlight of a truly amazing day.

So what next for Figment? It’s been a big year for the band with a 10-date tour in France just finished. ‘We’re really looking forward to writing new stuff, we’ve been relentlessly gigging with the same set for a while now and I’ve got tons of ideas; might even be looking to develop a more mature sound.’ Right now though, they just can’t seem to get signed. ‘We just can’t seem to play to the right people.’

If there’s any justice in music this stunning three-piece will be signed before they develop past the raw buzzing rock machine they are now.  Check them out on their myspace. Like now.