Club nights to be proud of

We at Pulse were very sorry to hear about the skin complaints some students developed after the Freshers’ Week foam party, and would like to apologise again to any students who suffered as a result. In fact, the foam cannons and the fluid they run on were operated for us by an outside events company, NiteGlo FX.

(We spoke to Cherwell last week about the possibility of the allergic reactions being produced by NiteGlo FX’s switch to a second, more watery type of foam after the regular foam ran out.) There was no way in which we could have foreseen the problem, but we have taken steps to ensure that this does not happen again. Yet we would also advise students to follow the Health Authority’s recommendation to take a shower soon after attending any event where foreign substances have come into contact with their skin. Making sure Pulse clubgoers are safe, happy, and able to enjoy a great night will always be our top priority.

Pulse Events was founded by students, for students, and it is run entirely by students. Our aim is to give Oxford a club scene we can all be proud of, with nights that are great value for money as well as being, of course, awesome lash. To that end, we are always keen to hear any ideas you might have for any of our events. We believe that, as students ourselves, we are best placed to know what it is students want from their nightlife.

In recent weeks, the Cherwell Comment page has featured the presidents of two societies – OUSU and the Oxford Union – promising that they will bring something new to the student experience this year. Pulse Events is ready to make and fulfil the same sort of promise. Since we took off with a momentous bang in Freshers’ Week, our nights have been going strong. This week we are launching two exciting new initiatives.

Beginning on Monday of 3rd week, we are introducing our new Txt 2 Guestlist system. Until 10pm every night, clubbers will be able to text us to have their name added to a pay-on-the-door guestlist for that night’s pulse event.

Guestlisted names will get priority entry over non-guestlisters. Whilst this doesn’t guarantee entry to the club, it does mean that whatever you’ll be first in line for entry over the rest of the queue – and the guestlist lasts all night. This week will also see the release of our Pulse card. Simply top up your card online at www.oxfordpulse.com, then use it to swipe into any Pulse event. You’ll get a £1 discount every night with the card and be able to join an exclusive Pulse Card queue.

And that’s not all. When you use your card at Pulse nights you’ll collect points, which you can redeem against the great deals we’ll be offering.

We are also offering new and high-profile musical guests. We are very excited to announce that we have secured Gram’Ma Funk, the vocalist in Groove Armada, to appear at Cheapskates@Escape on Thursday night. Gram’Ma Funk is flying over from the US especially to perform. Email us at [email protected] or call 02032864114 for more information.