Week 2: Blind Date

Him: Matthew Evans-Young, St John’s, History

St. John’s third year lad, past his best, looking for someone to make him feel young again, and maybe provide some form of stress relief during Finals.

After finding that the Grande Cafe was closed and Scarlett admitting that she was actually a late replacement for one of her friends, we both made the decision to start drinking as soon as possible. Thankfully, she turned out to be very good company, and the date managed to pass without any awkward moments. Despite her questionable love of metal music and one too many stories involving bodily fluids, she was a laugh. We both ended up suitably drunk, and although Scarlett almost pushed the table over at one point, neither of us embarrassed ourselves too much.

Banter: Good
Looks: Fit
Personality: Fun
2nd date? Potentially…

Her: Scarlett Benson, Magdalen, Human Sciences

Self-proclaimed head WAG of Magdalen, looking for a fellow vegetarian who also doesn’t like vegetables.

It so happened that Matt and I had already met; on a particularly dismal crew date last term. This wasn’t a good start, and I expected a repeat in which I would be rather anxious to escape within half an hour. This was not the case, and while this was almost certainly aided by the constant flow of cocktails, matt’s amusing stories of naked runs down the high street, and other unmentionables made for an enjoyable date. After our fifth cocktails we were both in desperate need of the toilet and we decided that, to avoid going together, we would rock-paper-scissor it. Matt soon went on to abuse my terrible taste in music, and indeed my undying love for Charlie from Busted, which is, I suppose, understandable. So whilst I was initially was turned off by the fact he played rugby, and thus must inevitably have terrible chat, I laughed throughout, largely at him, and stumbled home hours later smiling.

Banter: For a rugby player, not bad
Looks: Chiselled (he thinks so too)
Personality: Down to earth.
2nd date? Probably not…