Marc Kidson shows you how to cook a variation on carbonara with crab, chilli and coriander – in less than ten minutes.
100ml double cream
1 red chilli
Tin of white crab meat
Salt and pepper
Half a lemon
Pasta (fresh or dried), linguine or tagliatelle preferable
1. If using dried pasta, put it on to boil in a well-salted pan of boiling water.
2. Break the egg into a bowl, whisk lightly with a fork and add the cream, finely chopped chilli and crab meat. Season to taste.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain and return to the dry pan on a low heat.
4. Add the sauce, most of the chopped coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens, but don’t let it scramble.
5. Serve into pasta bowls, grate over some parmesan (if using) and garnish with any left over coriander.