All we want for Christmas…

All we want for Christmas is a fabulous party dress

Cherwell fashion has chosen your Christmas dresses so that you don’t have to.

Fancy modelling for Cherwell? If so, email us for details of our upcoming photoshoots at [email protected]

Cherwell Fashion team get dressed up for Christmas! Wean yourself off the safe LBD and embrace this season’s luxe party dresses – embellishments, rich fabrics and jewel tones evoke the party season with a touch of decadence. Simple one-shoulder shapes are made interesting with feathers, floor-lengths are kept fun with plunging necklines and out-of-the-box outerwear such as capes add a focus point and much-needed practicality. Shoes should contrast – black chunky heels with a feminine frock, elegant stilettoes with an daring dress, animal print with block colours. It’s not just the tree that should sparkle this Christmas!

A simple chiffon cover-up with delicate embellishments is the epitome of class, and will liven up anything you already own.

Mary wears draped wrap, Topshop.

An above-the-knee cocktail dress is a foolproof option, but liven it up by choosing festive metallic tones.

Laura wears gold brocade Whistles dress.

Cream and white is a good, if unconventional, choice for Christmas if you’re feeling inspired by the Royal Engagement…

Jess wears cream floor-length dress, Kate Moss for Topshop. Agnes wears Topshop.

Lucy wears gold Topshop dress and own claret cape, Anahit wears one-shoulder indigo River Island dress.