Fashion Team Profile: Roxanne

Name: Roxanne Ravenhill 

Role: Deputy

Who’s your fashion icon?

Lily Donaldson. This up and coming British model is comparable to the likes of Blake Lively and Kate Moss and has consequently been the face of simultaneous Vogues across the globe. By day, she has fashioned comfy tailored combos and, by night, the most sophisticated, glam, rock dresses. She is also renowned for her ability to pull off geek-chic florals and statement colours which can be seen in her shoot for the 2011 monsoon-accessorize summer line at: http://www.monsoon.co.uk/

Who’s your favourite designer?

Luella Bartley. The Luella 2008-9 Autumn-Winter Collection revamped the young fashion stage with its Halloween inspired vibrant oranges, capes and bouffant dresses. And an equally momentous psychedelic, sugar-coated Summer Collection that captured the essence of female fashion soon followed. The designs were to die for and, luckily, the shows were so intricately designed and iconic that hints of them can even be traced in this season’s fashions!

Which shops would be on your fantasy High Street?

I thought I’d start with shoes because they are my favourite and, although LK Bennett is pricey, its shoes just simply cannot be beaten on quality, shape or sales when shoes can be 90% off. A vintage store because I enjoy a good rummage and the best vintage designs never go out of fashion – so you can simply keep recycling them whenever you want. From beaded to sculptured dresses and full-length playsuits French Connection has the best clothes for a night out or a date. H&M is every girl’s must when the budget is low or when you’re in need of some casual jeans or tops; it also does great designer spin-off lines. For beauty products, Boots is a necessity as it stocks some of the best brands and when they are unaffordable its own brand goods do the trick. Finally, shopping always gives me the munchies so Ben’s Cookies.

What’s your favourite magazine?

British Vogue. I would go for Elle but I’ve found that best of the high street collections are best summed up on shop websites (e.g. Topshop and ASOS). Vogue best documents designer trends and I adore a good flick through all the glossy adverts and photo shoots.

Who’s your favourite blogger?

Sea of shoes. As I have already admitted, shoes are my weakness. I wish I had that many pairs of shoes.

Favourite current trend?

Bold colours. Fun full length dresses in vibrant reds, oranges, yellows and purples are a must for the upcoming summer heat.

Biggest fashion disaster?

Crocs. I think they are ugly, bulky and should be banned.

In your opinion, where’s the most stylish place in Oxford?

The Grand Café. It boasts pastries superior to those of Mansion Blanc teamed with cocktails that rival The Duke of Cambridge’s and a stunning grandeur interior. It’s the most stylish café I have ever seen and is great for a sit-down cream tea on a Sunday afternoon.

Top Tip: 

I always do my makeup before I put my clothes on; I feel more refreshed and that makes it easier to pick out something to wear. It saves so much time.