Holidays Under 200 Pounds

If there’s something that living on this Island has taught us, it’s that ‘The British Summer’ is a generous but inaccurate term for the three months wedged in between Trinity and Michaelmas. Hard-working and diligent academics deserve more than highs of 15 degrees, so Cherwell Lifestyle have taken it upon themselves to help what little is left of your student loan go a long way. Our ‘Holidays Under 200 Pounds’ will offer you the ideal package- Sunshine that won’t burn a hole in your pocket.

City Break: Barcelona, Spain

Price: £148.00 pp

If you find Parisian chic unimaginative, Milanese cafe culture clichéd and think that the Amsterdammer’s American English is flirting with the bad side of cute, then it’s the Catalans that will put the fiesta back into your summer. Now that the Spanish are Euro 2012 Champions, the party’s only just getting started.

Easy Jet’s ‘Late Summer Deals’ provide a two night stay at a 4 star hotel, 10 minutes from the famous Las Ramblas, as well as return flights from London Gatwick to Barcelona at an affordable £148.00. Admittedly, you’ll probably need to double that when you consider spending money. Barcelona isn’t cheap and has no time for those who are.

Group Holiday: Sliema, Malta

Price: £139.98 pp

Lads on tour 2k12? Then the north east coast of Malta is calling your name. We found a rustic town house, complete with roof terrace and plunge pool on www.homeaway.com. It’s situated 500 meters from the beach and within easy walking distance of St.Julians – famed for its restaurants, bars and coffee shops. The centre of Malta’s night life- the Paceville area is also a mere stone throw away.

With room for up to 10 people, it’s perfect for a group holiday. Even better is the £48.00 per person price tag. Couple this with £91.98 return flights from London Stansted on Ryanair.com and you’ve got a £139.98 late September getaway. Whether it’s the appeal of approximately 5 Park Ends (complete with a crew date to start the night and a kebab to end it) or a week away in the Mediterranean; the choice is simple.

Beach-relaxation: Can Picafort, Majorca

Price: £172 pp

If you’d rather trade the LADSLADSLADS#UNIBANTER culture for a spot of quiet beach relaxation, then look no further than this secluded beach resort in Majorca. Cherwell’s Lifestyle has found a set of 3 star, self-catered apartments, ‘The Africamar Apartments’ on the bay of Alcudia, just 200 meters from the beach. With this in mind, what are you waiting for? Pack up your beach towel, tanning oil and Fifty Shades of Grey; you’re guaranteed to be freshly bronzed and ready to face the Michaelmas frost.

Party-Island: San Antonio, Ibiza

Price: £196 pp

If you’re looking for guaranteed sun, sand and sex this summer, there is no rivaling the world-famous party island, Ibiza. We’ve found a cracking self-catering hotel, Costa Sur Hotel, situated in San Antonio Bay, 100m from the beautiful sandy beach. The centre of town is about a 40 minute stroll along the beach, or a shorter taxi ride away, leaving you free to enjoy both the serene daytime and wicked Pacha nightlife. However; for those unwilling to travel further afield, San Antonio offers it’s own evening entertainment including Irish bar Paddy’s and Linekers; a club crawling with Brits, you’ll forget you’re in a foreign country.