All Your Easter Eggs In One Basket

It’s Easter; the most wonderful time of the year after Christmas, summer vac, your birthday, and Halloween. Easter is an important time to many people as it signals a long weekend during which people can eat as much chocolate as physically possible without any guilt. Here at Cherwell we’ve taken it upon ourselves to review a few of the chocolate eggs available on the market to make sure that you enjoy this magical time to the absolute fullest:

Maltesers

Malteasers have done very well for themselves this year. Not only a good sized egg, but it comes with three packets of happiness that include Malteasers, Minstrels and the somewhat controversial Revels. Bravo Mr Malteaser. Bravo!

Price – £4.00
Appearance – 3/5
Extras – 4/5
Overall – 4/5

Creme Egg

The Creme Egg is a pretty spectacular example of confectionary innovation as it is, but their Easter offering gives them the status of chocolate hero. TWO creme eggs as well as a large hollow egg for a tiny price. Thank you!

Price – £1.50
Appearance – 3/5
Extras – 4/5
Overall – 4/5

Thornton’s Charlie Chick

OK, technically not an egg – this is chocolate in the shape of a chick, but it looks fabulous. Unfortunately, without any tasty extras thrown in, it is both literally and metaphorically a hollow shell.

Price – £4.00
Appearance – 5/5
Extras – 0/5
Overall – 2/5

Galaxy
This one really is out of this world. It looks great, it’s a massive egg and it comes with three deliciously different Galaxy bars.

Price – £4.00
Appearance – 4/5
Extras – 4.5/5
Overall – 4/5

Thornton’s Continental

It looks less like a box containing chocolate and more like a box containing expensive perfume, but this is the fanciest pants Easter Egg we’ve ever seen. It comes with 27 chocolates as well as an enormous egg. The price might be a bit of a put off; however, it’s definitely one to give to a significant other.

Price – £15.00
Appearance – 5/5
Extras – 5/5
Overall – 3/5

Cadbury’s

Oh Cadbury’s… Oh Cadbury’s. They had so much promise: a mammoth egg, an enticing purple box and five of their best chocolates looking up at you and begging you to eat them. That’s when the two worst words in the English language jump out at you – “treat size”. Everyone knows that treat size is the size of disappointment. How could you do this to us, Cadbury’s? Unacceptable.

Price – £4.00
Appearance – 4/5
Extras – 1/5
Overall – 2/5

Dairy Milk

After the betrayal of the Cadbury’s Easter Egg, this is Dairy Milk’s opportunity to redeem the Cadbury brand and luckily it does this very successfully. Very big egg, pretty box, three bars of chocolate. It’ll do nicely.

Price – £6.00
Appearance – 4/5
Extras – 3/5
Overall – 3/5

Mini Eggs

Quite possibly the best egg we’ve reviewed. This one has everything. A decent sized egg, a bag of Mini Eggs and that most coveted of all items – a free mug! So desirable, it is pretty much the Mila Kunis of Easter Eggs.

Price – £4.00
Appearance – 4/5
Extras – 5/5
Overall – 5/5

So there you have it – now go forth, eat chocolate and have a fantastic and delicious Easter!