Christmas Beauty Essentials & Stocking Fillers

Once you reach the age of around 14 unfortunately it becomes no longer acceptable to scream “FATHER CHRISTMAS CAME” while skipping down the stairs on christmas morning, but we all can’t help feeling a bit excited. There are a lot of choices when it comes to beauty gifts that are substantially more exiting than Terry’s Chocolate Orange or socks, so whether you are looking for ideas for yourself or someone else hopefully these products will give you some brownie points with your girlfriend, sister, mother or best friend on christmas day! 

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%12517%%[/mm-hide-text] 

1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (£26.00)
This miracle worker is a multi purpose skin protectant, for dry skin, lips, and even minor burns. This winter essential soothes dry skin within hours of using it giving skin a healthy glow. Works perfectly under foundation to add shine to your cheeks and under your eyebrows if you have dry skin, along with under lipstick to give a glossy long lasting finish while nourishing your lips. It’s also great for shaping and defining eyebrows that will stay in place all day.

2. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation (£29.50)
Although on the pricier side, I first tried this foundation 2 years ago and have never used another one since. After years of finding foundations too cakey, too drying, not having the right colour, lasting about 2h or going off in the bottle after a month, this foundation has been a life saver. Using a sponge or your fingers this foundation gives buildable coverage with a flawless, comfortable, barely-there appearance with no powdery effect.

3. Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eye Shadow Palette – variation 37 (£40.00)
Most certainly on the expensive side but very very easy to fall in love with. These eyeshadows have an velvety texture, are incredibly soft to apply (due to the presence of purified oils) but look metallic on with amazing pigmentation. The colours compliment eachother for a more smokey look, or the lighter ones can be used for a natural every day sparkle.

4. Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub (£5.50)
This lip scrub not only tastes amazing but the sugar crystals help exfoliate chapped lips and stops your lipstick clumping in places where your lips are drier. The mint is my fave favour but it also comes in bubblegum and popcorn. It is the perfect bit of TLC your lips need in the cold and is essential if you plan on finding yourself under any mistletoe… 

5. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish – Spice Age – colour 560 (£9.99)
Every year I buy myself a new christmas nail polish, and this has hands-down been my favourite of far. Although it is glittery, the sparkles are extremely fine, making it more sophisticated that your average fun nail polish. Online the colour looks very red, but in real life it applies as a dark brown colour. It is also extremely long lasting when two coats are applied, much more than Chanel, NARS, ESSIE and other high street brands. 

6. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (£13.50)
After deciding that my student budget didn’t quite stretch as far as spending £27 on a NARS bronzer I tried the Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder and was pleasantly surprised. I use a angled bronzing brush with this product in order to add warmth to the face and highlight cheekbones, and to reduce the extent of the – I haven’t seen any sun in half a year I look like a snowman – look. The packaging is also extremely nice for a high street brand and includes a mirror. 

7. Loreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara (£10.99)
For clump-free, fanned-out, long eyelashes this mascara is the one. The brown is great for a more natural every day look and the black great for evenings and those christmas/new year parties. I have found it to be just as good as any designer brand mascara, with about the same lifetime. 

8. Soap & Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen (£6.00)
The applicator is similar to a felt tip pen but extremely thin giving a natural, barely there look. The formula is highly pigmented and glides on with no clumps or lumps and does not transfer if you rub your eyes. Best stored upside-down. 

9. Tweezerman Tweezers (£12.00)
After using £2.99 tweezers for a few years and refusing to spend £12.00 on tweezers my friend brought me a pair. You need them, your boyfriend needs them, and so does the rest of your family. Just buy them! 

10. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture – 13 Le Orange (£25.00)
Something a bit different from your average red lipstick. This lipstick has a hint of orange in it giving that extra pop of colour without being too OTT. Contains hydrospheres so it is moisturising and easy to apply while staying put all day. Also contains SPF15.

11. KaplanMD Lip Moisture Therapy – Sheer Berry Shine (£22.50)
This lip plumper is a mix between a lipstick and lip balm, giving a sheer tint but with enough pigmentation to visibly see the colour. It contains anti-ageing ingredients and Hyaluronic Acid in oder to retain moister, protect your lips, reduce the appearance of lines and giving the appearance of fuller lips.

12. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener (£8.99)
I always find that during winter my nails start splitting, cracking and peeling. Sally Hansen’s Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener has real diamond particles which add strength and durability to your nails, plus it gives a brilliant lustrous shine.The quick drying formula is easy to apply and can be used as a base or top coat with any other nail varnish.

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%12522%%[/mm-hide-text]