The Cherwell Encyclical: HT 6th Week

The European Union goes by many names, Farage’s unfortunate employer, Angela Merkel’s clique, Boris’ broken band to name but a few. If you are someone who stumbles across the news now and again, the topic has been unfortunately hard to ignore this week. As world leaders have come out in favour of Britain remaining in the EU, Farage was itching to tell the press that it is only “big banks, big business, big government all scratching each other’s backs”.
[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%13101%%[/mm-hide-text] 
It has been a great week in the House of Commons with some top quality performances from the in house stand up comedian, Dave. The highlight was undoubtably when the mum jokes came to the fore, but Cameron’s cronies provided equally exuberant heckling to a variety of speakers. Boris came under verbal fire for having his shirt untucked, and although it is good to see that they care so much about maintaining each other’s image, one might say that they are rather missing the point.
[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%13100%%[/mm-hide-text] 
No one really likes having to focus on two things at once so, unsurprisingly, the junior doctors contract appears to have fallen ill. As another victim of the Guardian’s primary-school-level attention span, one wonders why the doctors haven’t just packed up and left. The contract itself has reportedly been spotted waiting in a queue for A&E, which means we are unlikely to hear about for a long while.