Blind Date: “She said she would write that I pissed in a bush”

Hannah Rooke and James Matthews manage to overcome their college differences

Hannah Rooke, Second Year, Law, Wadham

I was a bit nervous walking to the KA with only the name of my date, but given that he was the only person at the entrance he was pretty easy to identify. Things got off to a rocky start when we found out each other’s colleges but he proved that he didn’t entirely live up to the Christ Church stereotype, particularly helped by an anecdote about his friend’s inability to boil pasta. He bought the first round and conversation flowed pretty well. Tales of his DJing prowess and crazy nights at Emporium didn’t fail to impress, and overall it was a great night. The Wadham/Christ Church divide wasn’t as intense as I expected and it was refreshing to speak to someone with a balanced passion for Bridge Thursdays and double bass. Only maybe next time he’s at the KA he could stick to the toilets rather than the bushes outside.

First impressions?

Made me feel like a cougar

Quality of the chat?

Pretty consistent

Most awkward moment?

The staff remarked ‘they never grow up’ at James

Kiss or miss?

Miss.

James Matthews, First Year, PPE, Christ Church

Hannah cemented her place in my mind as a quality geezer after I watched the speed she necked her two Kronenbergs. This respect was then run over by a bus and taken to the morgue when I found out two years into her Oxford adventures she still hadn’t been to Emporium. Similarly, the fact Hannah hasn’t picked up her Union card two years in, has left me as I recollect, wondering whether I was appalled or actually aroused. The sexual chemistry grew when she let it be known that she takes her relatives round Christ Church rather than Wadham when they come to stay. Something about Hannah sitting on the Wadham JCR committee makes this better. Overall, fruity chat – whenever the river ran dry there were always jokes at the expense of the others college. Shame we didn’t get a pie: those looked deep and crusty.

Related  It's time for us to recognise the ongoing tragedies on our streets

First impressions?

Couldn’t see her – too small

Quality of the chat?

Flowing like a river of milk

Most awkward moment?

Hannah said she would write that I pissed in a bush

Kiss or miss?

02501 141812 hmu