Hassan’s to trial delivery service

The new ‘doner-to-door’ service will run throughout next term

Broad Street kebab van Hassan’s is to trial a free delivery service across Oxford, Cherwell can exclusively reveal.

The student favourite – which recently came second in the ‘best kebab van’ category at the British Kebab Awards – will employ delivery drivers throughout Trinity term.

“We are delighted to be able to launch our new ‘doner-to-door’ service for next term,” a spokesperson told Cherwell.

“Now you can get the nationally recognised taste of Hassan’s, delivered straight to your door.”

During the initial trial period, Hassan’s will only deliver to OX1 postcodes – much to the dismay of students outside central Oxford.

“I’m a little bit peeved to be honest,” one LMH fresher told Cherwell.

“Delivering to colleges who already have Hassan’s on their doorsteps is just rubbing it in.

“I get that the #LMHissofar jokes are funny, but if I’d known how long the walk would be to my favourite kebab van I genuinely would not have applied.”

In a 2016 interview with Cherwell, Hassan revealed that his favourite item on the menu was a “chicken wrap, with cheese and chips, chilli sauce and garlic mayonnaise… just a little bit of chicken and just a little bit of chips and I’m done for the whole night.

“The most ordered item has got to be chips and cheese, and then chips and cheese and meat – chicken or lamb,” he added.

Update: Well done to those of you who checked the date – this was indeed an April fool.