Former Nuffield fellow denounced for “racist pseudoscience”

Former Nuffield College researcher Noah Carl has been denounced by hundreds of academics for what they describe as his “racist pseudoscience.” Carl is now a Fellow at St. Edmund’s College, Cambridge.

Over 200 academics from across the country expressed concern that Carl’s association with the University of Cambridge would legitimise “discredited ‘race science’”.

In an open letter, the group called on St. Edmund’s College to investigate how the Toby Jackman Newton Trust Research Fellowship was awarded to Carl.

The letter read: “We are shocked that a body of work that includes vital errors in data analysis and interpretation appears to have been taken seriously for appointment to such a competitive research fellowship.”

The academics noted that his “pseudoscientific” papers have “been used by extremist and far-right outlets with the aim of stoking xenophobic anti-immigrant rhetoric.”

An article in which Carl argued that public prejudices against immigrants were “largely accurate” was re-posted on far-right outlets including The Daily Caller, InfoWars and Free West Media, despite one external reviewer writing that “it is never OK to publish research this bad.”

Carl has written numerous articles for publications with links to the far-right. He is on the review team of Emil Kirkegaard’s OpenPsych and is the website’s most prolific contributor after Kirkegaard himself. Kirkegaard describes himself as a “self-taught” geneticist who has previously defended child rape, and appeared on the far-right webshow Reality Calls to discuss the “future of eugenics.”

Among Carl’s OpenPsych papers is one arguing that an increased Muslim population leads to more terrorism in the country. The paper was subsequently reviewed by Kirkegaard and self-described “race realist” John Fuerst.

Carl has also written for Mankind Quarterly, described as a white supremacist journal and published by the Pioneer Fund, a pro-eugenics fund which also bankrolls Jared Taylor’s white nationalist American Renaissance.

The former Nuffield postdoctoral researcher attracted controversy earlier this year, when London Student revealed that he had repeatedly attended a secretive conference on eugenics at UCL. The London Conference on Intelligence is closely linked to the Pioneer Fund, and was organised by Emil Kirkegaard.

Related  Brasenose drug clampdown warning

The conference saw researchers argue that racial ‘admixture’ has a negative effect on population quality and that the number of Nobel Prizes won by different countries can be explained by racial differences in male hormone levels.

The academic left Nuffield College at the end of his contract this summer.

9 COMMENTS

1. Race science is perfectly valid and was fraudulently attacked by Jewish ethnic activists who cornered American anthropology. The goal was to demoralise and open white nations to invasion, invasions Jews have collaborated with for thousands of years.

2. “Michael Coombs (online pseudonyms: Mikemikev, Vekimekim, Antifungal16, Varg88) is a hate-filled neo-Nazi, white supremacist internet troll and conspiracy theorist from the UK who spends his time online posting anti-Semitism, Holocaust denial, racism, Islamophobia and the white genocide conspiracy theory; recently, he’s also become Sinophobic.”

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Michael_Coombs

Apparently Noah Carl is one of Michael’s white supremacist friends. Explains a lot.

3. The article is so fanatically condemnatory it could have been written by the Witch-hunter General.

I suspect Ben Van Der Merwe is a brown-nosing South African “academic” desperately trying to polish his “anti-racist” credentials, despite his “apartheid upbringing”.

“DENOUNCED by hundreds of academics (just as Giordano Bruno was before being burned alive)

“RACIST pseudoscience.” (read “disturbing facts that must be kept suppressed”)

“DISCREDITED ‘race science’”. “Discredited” only in the narrow minds of cowardly cretinous BROWN-NOSING academics

“expressed concern” (read “self-righteously outraged” by this grand heresy)

“extremist and far-right outlets with the aim of stoking xenophobic anti-immigrant rhetoric.”” (read “those calling for an honest debate on the damage caused to civilised societies by mass 3rd world immigration”)

“it is never OK to publish research this bad.” (read “we must keep suppressing facts that we don’t like and we must destroy the lives of those who utter them”)

“Kirkegaard has previously defended child rape” (slanderous lie spoken out of context) In other words he must be a VERY BAD PERSON..!)

“Among Carl’s OpenPsych papers is one arguing that an increased Muslim population leads to more terrorism in the country.” In other words the truth which should be obvious to all aside from liars, self-deceivers, fools, hypocrites, and self-righteous brown-nosing “academics” who fear the truth.

“he had repeatedly attended a secretive conference on eugenics at UCL” it has to be “secretive” otherwise they would be attacked and assaulted by leftist thugs opposed to freedom of thought.

“The conference saw researchers argue that racial ‘admixture’ has a negative effect on population quality and that the number of Nobel Prizes won by different countries can be explained by racial differences in male hormone levels.” If thats as true as suspected then surely its worth having an open debate?

• Nope, never heard of him before today. Are you also “Matthew”? Like him you seem to only have one name and one agenda. The entire article is just a slanderous leftist smear job – thats what I am addressing.