Oxford University’s LGBTQ+ Society has banned Jason Pilsbury, a potential presidential candidate, for allegedly launching a “personal attack” on current president Katt Walton.

Pilsbury’s suspension letter from the Society, seen by Cherwell, read: “at Tuesday drinks it was reported to various committee members, on a number of occasions, that they are planning to run a campaign of intimidation.”

Under the LGBTQ+ Society’s zero tolerance policy, any member who engages in “intimidation, harassment and creating a hostile environment” is liable for suspension.

Pilsbury will not be allowed to attend any of the events for the rest of the term “including Skittles” at Plush.

He will be allowed to hust in the upcoming elections, but will have to leave the event once the husting process is completed.

The LGBTQ+ Society has recently used its zero tolerance policy to ban a number of students from a graduate drinks event.

Speaking about her position, Walton said to members: “I won’t lie and say it’s easy. It’s been a challenge, but one that I wouldn’t change for the world.”

Hustings for the LGBTQ+ Society executive committee will take place this Tuesday.

Jason Pilsbury told Cherwell: “I was running for president on the basis of wanting to hold the leadership to account in the correct constitutional manner.

“There was a meeting with the committee this Thursday evening at Merton.

“I explained that my criticisms of the committee were always polite and constructive.

“The president argued, despite the evidence, that this was a personal attack, and the committee, populated largely by her friends, still refused to reinstate me.”

Katt Walton, President of the LGBTQ+ Society, did not respond to Cherwell’s request for comment.