Molly Abella, 1st Year, AMH, Brasenose

After a really nice dinner at Prezzo, we ended up spontaneously wandering to G&Ds, along the river and back for a drink at Somerville. Not only did we get our steps in, but time flew and it didn’t feel forced. Despite our hugely different subjects and somewhat different lifestyles (he admitted he isn’t a huge fan of going out, while I was nursing a mild hangover from the 4 nights out last week) we bonded over our love of Marvel and early 2000s/2010s music.

What was your first impression?

He seemed incredibly put together, but was also really sweet and genuine.

Quality of the chat out of ten?

A solid 9 (unless he ranked it lower).

How did the date meet up with your expectations for it?

Honestly I had zero expectations as I was signed up for this by a mate, but it surpassed this low bar hugely.

Most awkward moment?

Everything that came out of my mouth? No, probably when I said hello to a duck . Or bumping into my rowing coach.

Kiss or miss?

Sadly, miss.

Robert Asatryan, 2nd Year, Biochemistry, Somerville

We had a lovely dinner at an Italian pizza place called Prezzo, near Oxford Castle. After that we decided that we didn’t want to end the date yet, and had a walk to G&Ds ice-cream cafe, and then along the river for a while. Afterwards we watched abit of the Eurovision final inSomerville bar. We had some similar interests, although quite different approaches to going out, and overall it was a really nice date.

What was your first impression?

I was quite surprised how calm and easy it was to talk and hold a conversation so casually.

Quality of the chat out of ten?

8/10.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was very fun and felt natural and comfortable.

Most awkward moment?

I can’t think of one, it went well with not many awkward moments.

Kiss or miss?

No kiss, but no miss either.

Looking for love?

Email cherwelleditor@gmail.com or message one of our Life Editors Eve Webster or Simone Fraser!