Gaining work experience is invaluable as a student, not only can it pay the rent but it can develop transferable skills, which are a genuine asset when job hunting. 

Swotties is a new affordable tutoring platform that empowers students to work as tutors to mentor primary schoolers and teens. The platform is designed to help children with core subjects like English and maths as well as building confidence so children thrive at school and in life.

Swotties gives students from all walks of life have an opportunity to add to their CVs – you don’t have to be an A* student! The company believes being good tutor isn’t just about academic achievements, so it looks beyond grades.  Instead, it’s looking for would-be tutors with previous experience in working with children in leadership or mentoring roles – from being a mentor for young kids at school, teaching swimming, to being a Brownie or Scout leader. 

As well as tutoring and lesson planning, uni students (or Swotties!) can work towards mentoring and goal setting certificates as well as potentially being paid to teach underprivileged kids as part of the brand’s Give Back scheme.

The Swotties platform empowers students to be their own boss, setting their own hours as a tutor while Swotties supports them. Lessons cover every subject but there’s most demand for specialists in Maths, English, Sciences, Languages and Primary Education.

To apply to be a Swottie, students just need to create a profile and upload a short video. The process takes less than 10 minutes. Applicants should find out if they have been successful within one working day.

Find out more at swotties.com.