Christmas Jumpers – the festive must-have

Love them, hate them, everyone’s got one. This season welcomes the beloved Christmas jumper, biting back with more sparkle and shine as designers get creative with the merry must-have. From Fair Isle to festive puns, this year’s selection caters for all Christmas-lovers and will spoil you for choice when it comes to picking out your favourite.

Of course Christmas would not be complete without the reappearance of the infamous Fair Isle pattern which ensures a festive look that can double up as everyday wear; flexible and flattering for both men and women. Using one or two warming colours, these jumpers are able to capture this season’s levity with simple patterns depicting grazing reindeers or falling snowflakes. Although denoting a slightly more conservative approach to Christmas dress these jumpers will never fail to win us over with their versatility and modest charm.

For siblings wishing to make a statement this season, Rad.com have continued to promote their matching Christmas jumpers that can bring joy into the home with festive symmetricity. With plain backgrounds of block colours and sporting humorous greetings divided between the two jumpers, this modern take on the basic design is the perfect accessory for any sibling’s Christmas. This new approach to a family Christmas will be sure to put a smile on any parent’s face and temporarily remedy any sibling rivalry.

Other brands have gone for a more experimental approach, as championed by tipsyelves.co.uk, demonstrating both wit and satirical humour in their designs, employing puns and loud colours to popularise the uglier sweater. Tinsel and padding have been used to adorn these more sarcastic designs that poke fun at the seasonal buzz, adding a humorous touch to the classic jumper for the more extroverted joker. Although confined to the Christmas period, these jumpers are the perfect accessory for anyone looking to have fun with a Christmas classic.

This year has seen the encouragement of more adventurous jumpers that promote individuality and eccentricity as a complement to any successful outfit. Jumpers that contain electrical wiring have increased in popularity, exhibiting bright flashing lights that can change rhythm at the push of a button. Some jumpers have even been fitted with speakers that are able to play Christmas tunes on demand taking this seasonal essential to new heights. Reasonably priced, these jumpers are easy to get your hands on and are the ideal solution for those wanting to draw attention to their involvement in the festive frenzy.