If you’re searching for t-shirt inspiration for summer or just looking for creative ways to procrastinate, keep reading. This t-shirt DIY is a fun way to make a plain t-shirt more special and unique. It is also quick and easy to execute.
You will need:
- A plain t-shirt
- Thread and a needle
- A tape measure
1. Cut off the hem of the t-shirt. Cut a vertical slit from middle of the bottom edge of the t-shirt to the spot where you want the knot to be placed. If you want to be precise, use a tape measure to make sure where the middle of the t-shirt is.
2. Cut a small hole next to the slit on one side.
3. Take the corner of the side of the slit that does not have a hole. Move it through the hole you just cut. It’s quite helpful to have the shirt on when doing this.
4. Move the other corner under the bottom edge of the shirt. Tighten the bottom by pulling the corners.
5. Secure with pins. Now you should have the shape of the wrap detail visible.
6. Take the t-shirt off and use thread and a needle to make sure that the wrap detail stays in place. It may take some trial and error to get this right.