As the rain seems to have made a reappearance this week, this curry is the perfect warming dinner. Comforting, healthy and super tasty. Enjoy!
500g of sweet potato
500g chicken breast sliced
4 tbsps of oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1 teaspoon dry chilli flakes
1 teaspoon turmeric
500ml chicken stock
150ml coconut milk
Pinch of salt
Spice paste ingredients:
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lemon grass stalk, chopped
1. Mix the spice paste ingredients together using a blender or food processor until they form a thick paste which is fairly smooth.
2. Slice the sweet potato into cubes and cook in a pan of boiling water, lightly salted, for 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, add the spice paste and fry over a medium heat for five minutes, while gently stirring.
4. Once the spice paste is heated and softened, add the turmeric, chilli flakes and curry powder and fry for a further two minutes.
5. Add the slices chicken breast to the pan, and coat evenly with the spice paste. Stir for two minutes and then pour on the chicken stock.
6. Bring the stock to the boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the stock has evaporated. You don’t want the curry to be too watery.
7. Stir in the coconut milk, and add the salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring gently.
8. Add the cooked sweet potato to the pan, and heat for three to four minutes.
9. Serve the curry with rice, and garnish with sliced onion.