A new era for new media

Saturday night was an important landmark in Cherwell 24's history as, a decade after its original launch, a shiny, new, redesigned version of the site went live. Those of you who were at the relaunch at the Jam Factory would have witnessed ex-editors Elle Perry and Ali Gibson pressing the button to launch the site and giving Oxford its first glimpse of the current Cherwell 24.
The site has come a long way in the last 10 years with the introduction of online-only content, podcasts and comment faciilites, and now Cherwell 24 has even more to offer. As well as a fantastic new look, there are broadcasts, vox pops, blogs, more accesible comment functions, weather and lots lots more. I can only encourage you to take some time to explore the site and see for yourself not only how much it has evolved from what it once was, but also what an excellent procrastination tool it has now become!
I must take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to everybody who has helped with the relaunch, particularly Larry Hardcastle, Larry Smith, Fiona Wilson, Cat Rutter, Chris Stainton, the directors of OSPL and everyone else who has made this possible.
Enjoy the site and remember to have your say by commenting and rating the articles,
Emma x