Marc Kidson shows you how to make Sausage Cassoulet – the perfect winter warmer to get your term started with a bang.
6-8 sausages of your choice
1 large red onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
A handful of mushrooms, sliced
1 tin baked beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Cheese to garnish
. Gently fry sausages until brown all over, then set aside.
2. In the same pan fry the onions gently until soft, adding oil and a little water as needed.
3. Add garlic, chilli and mushrooms, then season and fry for another few minutes.
4. Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with the onion, mushrooms, chilli and garlic.
5. Arrange the sausages on top, and then pour over the chopped tomatoes and baked beans.
6. Put in the oven, preheated to 180C/Gas Mark 4 for 40 minutes or until the sausages are cooked all over and the sauce is bubbling.