Christian Louboutin Beauté Launches

What do you think of when you hear the name Christian Louboutin? Shoes, yes, but more specifically shoes with a striking red sole. Ever wondered where the red sole came from? Surprisingly, this distinguishing feature of Louboutins was completely unplanned; unsatisfied with one of his prototypes and noticing his assistant painting her nails, he quite simply grabbed the bottle and painted the sole of the shoe. Whoever knew a simple bottle of red nail polish could be behind one of the most successful shoe brands of today?

I’m pretty sure most girls dream of owning a pair of the red soled beauties, but if the price tag sends you into a cold sweat, don’t worry – you can now own your very own ‘Rouge Louboutin’ in the form of the brand’s first ever nail polish. This debut polish is, of course, the ultimate red.

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%10133%%[/mm-hide-text] 

From 14th August to 4th September there is a pop up Christian Louboutin beauty space in Selfridges, during which the brand will exclusively launch its 30 additional nail colour range. Yes, 30! The Noirs, The Nudes and The Pops each contain 10 colours so there really is something for everyone.

Just like his shoes, these polishes are mini works of art – the glass bottle was inspired by classical balustrades found in European buildings from the 17th and 18th Century. Imagine it sitting on your dressing table.

So, go on, pop into the pop up at Selfridges between now and the 4th of September. It’s one you won’t want to miss!

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%10134%%[/mm-hide-text] 

Selfridges Pop Up 14th August – 4th September
30 additional colours will launch exclusively at Selfridges on 25th August
The Noirs, Nudes and Pops will launch in Christian Louboutin Boutiques on 26th August
RRP: £36 each