A campaign to tackle anti-social behaviour was launched this week by Thames Valley Police.

Over the next two months the force will use “Operation Confidence” to raise awareness of what they are doing to fight crime and disorder.

The launch coincides with the nationwide Alcohol Awareness week and comes as students settle down to work after the drunken frivolities of Freshers’ week.

One Jesus College fresher said, “I got exceedingly drunk during Freshers’ week, and lost my trousers at one point, but didn’t see any students doing anything that would cause anyone any hassle.”

Journalism up and down the country is facing a tsunami of hurdles: from evermore repressive regimes shutting down free speech to the income sources being cut off as a result of the pandemic.

For Cherwell, maintaining editorial independence is vital. There is no shady corporation funding us and demanding we paint company X, Y or Z in a positive light; we are completely student run, and thus rely on your generosity.

So, if you can, please consider donating. We know that the pandemic has hit many of us hard - including financially - so even if you can't support us monetarily, please consider sharing articles with friends, families, colleagues - it all helps!