Wage protestors invade Tescos

The Oxford Living Wage campaign mounted what it called a ‘peaceable community action’ in three Tesco stores around Oxford on Thursday.

The Oxford Living Wage campaign mounted what it called a ‘peaceable community action’ in three Tesco stores around Oxford on Thursday. The campaign seeks to establish an increase in the minimum wage to up to £8.30, to take into account variations in living costs and price increases.
Earlier in the day, former OUSU President Stefan Baskerville spoke to around 60 local students and community activists in Lincoln chapel. The activists then went to Tesco stores where they spoke to staff and shoppers to hear their views on the potential for increased wages. 
Sarah Santhosham, Chair of the Oxford Living Wage campaign, condemned the current level of the minimum wage, saying, “It’s a pitiful amount of money. Nobody deserves to live on the minimum wage”.

The campaign seeks to establish an increase in the minimum wage to up to £8.30, to take into account variations in living costs and price increases.