Culture Vulture 8th week

A Year in Tibet
2nd March, New College
Adventurer, writer and filmmaker Sun Shyun shows clips of her documentary A Year in Tibet, and speaks about her experience travelling in the Autonomous Region of Tibet.
Doors  7.30pm

A Year in Tibet

2nd March, New College

Doors  7.30pm

This means War

General release 2nd February

The romantic comedy is given an espionage twist in this big-name spy caper, with Chris Pine and Tom Hardy attempting to out-Bond one another for the attentions of Reese Witherspoon. Licence to thrill.

The Best in Stand-up

3rd March, Oxford Glee Club

Featuring seasoned but somewhat unknown performers, such as Jarred Christmas, Mike Bubbins,  Kevin McCarthy and Marlon Davis, this stands to be a varied bill of guaranteed laughs.

Tickets £14/£5 with NUS card. No entry after 8pm

The Speech Project

3rd March, North Wall Arts Centre

Using the rhythms and natural melody found in Irish speech, composer and producer Gerry Driver showcases a unique collection of new music. 

Tickets £14/£10. Doors 7.45pm

Oxford Ukuleles

5th March, The Port Mahon

An informal workshop session for the YouTube instrument of the moment. All abilities welcome; no strings attached.

Tickets £3. Doors 7.30pm

Yes, Prime Minister

5th-10th of March

The writers of the classic BBC TV series reunite for this anniversary production, with the PM facing disaster in a world of spin and sexed-up dossiers.

Tickets £16.50-23.50, Doors 2.30/7.30/8pm

Eclectric present Objekt

8th March, Baby Love Bar
New College alumnus and founder of Eclectric, TJ Hertz, heads down to Baby Love to play his signature tuff techno thing.
Tickets £6/£5. Doors 10pm