Fire at Gloucester Green Falafal House

0
3627

Fire fighters were called to tackle a small blaze in Gloucester Green on Saturday evening.

The fire was at the Falafal House in Gloucester Green. It was started by cleaning cloths being left on a hotplate, where they ignited.

Called at half past six in the evening, the fire service attending included two fire engines and roughly twelve fire fighters. They came from the depot at Rewley Road, which is situated close to the Falafal House.

No-one was hurt in the incident.

First year PPEist Emma Alexander expressed her relief on hearing this, saying, “It’s a good sign that no one was hurt, especially since incidents such as leaving materials on hot surfaces are not uncommon amongst negligent students.”

David Harris, a Keble College physicist, had some cautionary words about the incident, saying, “This is a burning issue which won’t just extinguish itself. Still, there’s no need to fuel the fires of popular opinion by making it the latest hot topic, and we should let the smoke die down before drawing opinions as to the disregard of safety measures that may or may not have occurred.”

It is not thought that the incident will damage the Falafal House’s business, however, which has on-line reviews praising its falafel wraps and the politeness of its owner.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here