Schools Plus is hosting a second hand clothes sale at Trinity College on the 17th October to raise funds for supporting students with free laptops, and for the publicity, the onboarding, and incentives for tutors and for the full-time coordinator. 

Schools Plus is a charity project run by Oxford Hub which provides free tuition and resources to schools. The charity “aims to ameliorate educational inequality”. 

The second hand clothes sale will run between 11am and 3pm. Schools Plus is inviting students to make donations of clothes, in particular formal wear and clothing that is size 10 or larger. Collection boxes will be available in JCRs from the 5th onwards. 

Items have “deliberately” been priced “super affordably for students”. The event organisers have also confirmed that they will take cash and card. 

Leah O’Grady, Schools Plus’ Events and Fundraising Officer, told Cherwell: “‘In keeping with our aims, we’re particularly focussed on making this sale accessible to all. What’s really exciting is the amount of interest and support we’ve gotten already! A huge number of people have volunteered their JCRs for donation boxes and gathered up their old stuff to donate. [We would like to send] a big thank you to Trinity College and Pack and Send removal company for helping us out!”

Image: Pexels/ via pixabay.com