Oxford University have reported that 98% of students who took part in a University survey have been vaccinated. 95% of students surveyed have had both doses, and 3% of students have only been partially vaccinated.

The response rate for the survey was 49.3%. The University also stated that “there were virtually no differences in vaccination rates between different colleges and departments”.

The survey was sent to all students of the University in the 3rd and 4th weeks of Michaelmas term.

The details of each student’s vaccination status was not passed to colleges or departments. Prior to the beginning of term, St Edmund Hall and Lincoln College asked students to voluntarily take part in college-wide vaccination surveys in order to help them respond to “potential outbreaks”.

Restrictions on isolation still exist. If you test positive for the virus, you must self-isolate for 10 full days. However, government restrictions on self-isolation for close contacts loosened in mid-August. If you are in the same household as someone who has tested positive, you must be fully vaccinated, under the age of 18 years and 6 months old, or not able to take the vaccine for medical reasons to avoid self-isolation.

Image: Prefeitura de Olinda / CC BY 2.0 via Flickr