Café circuit: The Missing Bean

The windows might steam up when its cold but only from the warmth and comfort provided to those inside

When The Missing Bean came up in conversation with a friend, she immediately told me she found the coffee shop ‘sweaty’. Had I been holding my Missing Bean branded KeepCup at the time, I would definitely have been tempted to hit her with it – and if I had, it would absolutely have been deserved.

There is no better location for a coffee shop in Oxford than Turl Street, although an English student might say that one is necesary in their faculty. Luckily, The Missing Bean has branches in both of those locations.

Yes, the Turl Street windows might steam up when it is cold, but this is only because it provides warmth and comfort to anyone who needs a caffeine kick over work. In the summer, the windows provide lots of natural light and the opportunity for some great people watching.

The delicious selection of food make for a tasty treat at any time of the day. The toasted sandwiches, bagels, cakes and pastries are always fantastic – you can count on the Bean no matter what you want.

And let’s not forget the coffee. Not only is latte art gorgeous and incredibly Instagrammable, but their roastery on Magdalen Road provides the best blends out there.

Ignore anyone who says that JCT’s coffee tastes better – they have clearly never had the pleasure of sipping a flat white, while enjoying the very Oxford view of bicycles leant against Lincoln College.

Dominated by Lincolnites, laptop users and tourists, The Missing Bean is often very busy during term time and it can be difficult to find a spot to sit in. But this is just a testament to how unmissable the coffee, drinks and vibes are.

I once queued from outside the shop for a drink, and I can wholeheartedly confirm: I would certainly do it again – sweaty or not.