Blind Date: Week 3

Rachel Cohen,
French, St. Hugh’s

Low-work, high maintenance Fresher linguist, searching for the Prince to her Jewish Princess.

After four minutes of sitting awkwardly next to a tall blonde at the bar I finally realised he was in fact Mark, my blind date. Awkward introductions aside, we sat down to our meal and the chat began to flow. When I say chat I mean stories about ‘attempted’ foursomes (his not mine), how Christ Church is ‘simply the best college ever’ and ‘strawpedoing’. After finding common ground in discussing our mutual love for The Bridge, he worryingly mentioned that he had seen me around said haven before in a little black dress, noticing me as I looked ‘very Jewish’…potential stalker attracted to my (not so) religious side? Overall, my date with this self confessed Big Dog in ‘The House’ (if the Cardinals actually let him in, that is) was an experience to say the least.

Banter: Lad
Looks: Not quite Fit College
Personality: ChCh lad – yawn
2nd date? Bbm me, sometime…

Matt Ramher, Biology, Christ Church

Upper class Christ Church millionaire looking for fun.

After agreeing to the blind date on the prospect of meeting a tall, blonde Australian I was initially let down, but things could only get better.
Her lack of conversation and desire to replenish her energy after the marathon from her college meant that this was a one-way conversation. Of course this was not all bad, I simply wracked out the bounty of stories that Christ Church had to offer, and she seemed fairly amused, well, it met her expectations anyway. I mentioned I had seen her in Bridge before but however stalkerish this sounded it could not deter the blatant love brewing in the air. By the end of this somewhat tiring event I figured we might as well stay in touch. After all, this is a numbers game.

Banter: Decent
Looks: Adequate
Personality: Vacant
2nd date? Yes, definitely 🙂