2nd Week in Fashion

‘Coming Soon To a Woman Near You’

The Most Newsworthy in Fashion and Trends 

The Fragrance Lab – From the 1st May to the 27th of June, Selfridges Beauty Hall has created the new ‘Fragrance Lab’. It is described as ‘a groundbreaking new way to explore fragrance. In the Fragrance Lab, you will enter a one-of-a-kind profiling experience and leave with your own signature scent that represents the essence of who you are.’ More details on Selfridges.com

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG%%9615%%[/mm-hide-text]

Drinking Like Kerr – Just as Reese Witherspoon reveals the name of her new lifestyle company as Draper James, ex-Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda Kerr reveals her new collaboration with Royal Albert tea-ware, to be released (at $50 per cup) in Sydney on the 16th of May. As well as her natural make-up range, Kora Organics, this demonstrates a new entrepreneurial comeback for the model and mother of one. However, would you buy celebrity created homewares?

Cara Rising – Cara Delevingne, model and darling extraordinaire is reportedly cast in the new upcoming Peter Pan film, and is meant to be portraying a mermaid. However, despite the frequent roles she keeps getting offered which require her to take her clothes off, she has said that she would like to ‘play strong women.’

[mm-hide-text]%%IMG_ORIGINAL%%9614%%[/mm-hide-text] 

Fendi and the Girls – Couture handbag designer Fendi has revealed their new collection of Peekaboo handbags which are in aid of Kid’s Company. Each one of a kind bag was auctioned with bidding starting at 6pm on May 1st. Some of the designers are from the likes of Georgia May Jagger, Adele and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Models Raising Awareness – Joan Smalls issues an Instagram call for the 200 Nigerian girls who have been abducted and sold into slavery to be returned home. Other models such as Karolina Kurkova have regrammed the call. She says ‘let the Nigerian government know the world has not and will not forget about these girls and [to] also protect schools so that girls can freely go to school without the fear of violence or never returning home to their family. #StopViolenceAgainstGirls #BringBackOurGirls’