Hailing from Liverpool, I couldn’t not make at least one reference to the Beatles in my time as Food & Drink editor.

Yesterday got you down? Oxford got you working eight days a week? Well don’t let me or your hangover brunch down and make the most of brunch with this refreshing cocktail. In my life, I’ve not had many cocktails better than this—all the flavours come together in a perfect blend and the fruity tastes are the perfect accompaniment to your brunch. You can’t buy me love, but you can sure buy yourself some alcohol-fuelled happiness with this cocktail.

After a few of these cocktails, you’ll be nostalgically singing any Beatles song, as we all should be doing when drunk.

Ingredients:
2 Parts (Raspberry) Vodka
1 Part Raspberry Puree
Lemonade
1 Piece Lemon
1 Whole Raspberry to garnish

Method:

1. Add a handful of fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of raw sugar to the bottom of a glass.

2. Muddle your raspberries to create the puree. Use a muddler (a wooden spoon will work too!) to smash your fruit until it has the appearance of jam.

3. Add Vodka and ice to the glass.

4. Give the drink a good stir to make sure everything is well mixed.

5. Top up with lemonade.

6. Garnish with a lemon slice and a fresh raspberry.

Enjoy (with a little help from your friends)!

Journalism up and down the country is facing a tsunami of hurdles: from evermore repressive regimes shutting down free speech to the income sources being cut off as a result of the pandemic.

For Cherwell, maintaining editorial independence is vital. There is no shady corporation funding us and demanding we paint company X, Y or Z in a positive light; we are completely student run, and thus rely on your generosity.

So, if you can, please consider donating. We know that the pandemic has hit many of us hard - including financially - so even if you can't support us monetarily, please consider sharing articles with friends, families, colleagues - it all helps!