Hailing from Liverpool, I couldn’t not make at least one reference to the Beatles in my time as Food & Drink editor.
Yesterday got you down? Oxford got you working eight days a week? Well don’t let me or your hangover brunch down and make the most of brunch with this refreshing cocktail. In my life, I’ve not had many cocktails better than this—all the flavours come together in a perfect blend and the fruity tastes are the perfect accompaniment to your brunch. You can’t buy me love, but you can sure buy yourself some alcohol-fuelled happiness with this cocktail.
After a few of these cocktails, you’ll be nostalgically singing any Beatles song, as we all should be doing when drunk.
2 Parts (Raspberry) Vodka
1 Part Raspberry Puree
1 Piece Lemon
1 Whole Raspberry to garnish
1. Add a handful of fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of raw sugar to the bottom of a glass.
2. Muddle your raspberries to create the puree. Use a muddler (a wooden spoon will work too!) to smash your fruit until it has the appearance of jam.
3. Add Vodka and ice to the glass.
4. Give the drink a good stir to make sure everything is well mixed.
5. Top up with lemonade.
6. Garnish with a lemon slice and a fresh raspberry.
Enjoy (with a little help from your friends)!