The Oxford Union’s popular beer garden will be open for the last time this Saturday, Cherwell can reveal. The garden was opened at the start of Week 0, and hosted a range of events, including a jazz night, poetry night, and Thursday night £2.50 cocktails. The Beer Garden will be replaced with the reopening of the bar under stage 3 of the Government’s planned easing of COVID-19 restrictions.

A spokesperson for the Oxford Union told Cherwell: “’We can confirm that the Beer Garden will remain open until Saturday of 3rd week, after which point we’re delighted Government regulations will allow the Union’s indoor bar to reopen.” 

“We shall also be opening the Goodman Library as an extension of the bar, allowing for significantly greater capacity then in pre-covid times, and not much reduction in capacity from the Beer Garden. The bar shall still provide excellent service, including a wide drinks menu and a full, homemade, lunch menu served daily 1130-1430. In addition, we’re excited that further easing will allow for a return of in person events – starting with Dick and Dom on Monday!’”

Image Credit: The Oxford Union