Introducing… Alice Ream, Sunday Roast

Who does Sunday Roast represent and why should we sign up?
We are an eclectic club night every other week at the Cellar, representing various artists, with exquisite and free cake, the dispellation of Sunday night sombreity, and even sometimes a good foot stamp.

Why do you think Sunday Roast is important?

We get a variety of acts to perform every time; we’ve had some excellent student bands (i.e. Madrigals, Me & the Neck), ska, klezmer, rock’n’roll, funk (QT and the Reservoir Dogs), live electronica, hip hop, reggae, loads more.

What has been your most memorable experience so far?

It’s one that happens at most Roasts; there’s a moment at about 12 o’clock, everyone’s dancing around you and you feel like you want to keep jumping in the air for a lot longer. It feels a little bit like a community to me. I love the way that there are regulars who always turn up in braces, or when the bands you’ve booked surprise you by doing somersaults,guitar in hand, and you become pals with them afterwards.

What do you have planned for 2008?

We have four sessions every term, every other Sunday. Feb 17th, we’ve got an indie night with a french band Smack La and a new student one called High Risby along with some ‘folktronique’ DJs. On March 2nd,we’re getting QT and the Reservoir Dogs to come back because they funked our socks off last time. There’s going to be a singing competition:if you fancy your chances at being the next Tina Turner then email [email protected] to get more details.

Tell us something you didn’t / couldn’t say at fresher’s fair?
Bring a permanent marker pen with you to graffiti in the bogs.

How can we get involved?

We’re on at the Cellar from 9pm on the dates above, and every other Sunday from the first one of term in Trinity. Check out our facebook group; just type in Sunday Roast. We’re always looking for people to help out, it’s a beautifully rewarding thing to be involved in. If not, just poke your head in and have some flapjack.by Louise Collins