Pembroke bogsheet banned

The Pembroke JCR bogsheet has been banned following serious complaints regarding its offensive nature.

Phrases such as “you can tell by the stench she’s bleeding from the trench” have prompted many complaints regarding the explicit content of the column following the publication of the first Michaelmas issue.

Several members of Pembroke JCR have condemned the content of the publication, with one third year descrbing the coumn as “vulgar and absolutely disgusting”.

However, he did admit that “it’s been always like that” and “people got upset occasionally”.

The Bogsheet is a gossip column distributed at the end of each JCR meeting. It is the responsibility of two members of the Committee known as the “Paparazzi”.

The writers of the bogsheet, Ed Sorby and Alex Sants, have already issued a formal apology to the members of the JCR for the content of the latest edition. They were also banned from partaking in all forms of student journalism until the end of the year.

Sants admitted that “It was a gross error in judgment on our part, and we certainly didn’t think about the impact our actions would have in the wider community.

“It was not meant to be a personal attack on any member of the JCR, male or female.”

The JCR has decided to voluntarily stop the publication of the Bogsheet until the Trinity term. A new format of the column is to be created, as the writers review what is acceptable under the new college guidelines to go in.

Caroline Daly, the JCR President admitted that “Clearly, the old format cannot be resurrected. We are looking to reinvent the format of the Bogsheet in the interim period.

“As such, we are looking for suggestions as to what the students would like to see in the new publication.”