Oxford’s voice of sport returns

At the beginning of the year we left behind a decade sprinkled with a selection of memorable sporting intrigue, images and icons. Roll on then to a new year, and a new decade that promises to be every bit as good, if not better, than the last. One thing is for certain: you’ll be able to keep track of the big sports stories of the year on ‘Extra Time.’  Oxide Radio’s successful sports show is back and this term it promises to once again bring the major sports stories to Oxford’s airwaves.

January sees a comprehensive look ahead to this year’s Six Nations Tournament, which is sure to witness both scintillating rugby and raise plenty of stirring questions. How will Martin Johnson’s England cope after a poor set of performances in the Autumn Internationals?  Can Ireland carry on from where they left off last year and consolidate their status as the number one side in the Northern Hemisphere? We’ll also be shifting our attention to the other side of the globe, where we’ll be talking Australian Open Tennis and assessing Andy Murray’s prospects of winning that elusive first Grand Slam Title.

On to February where ‘Extra Time’ will have a very special show dedicated to Super Bowl XLIV. As well as the glitz and the glammer we’ll be assessing the two teams who’ll be competing to win the Vince Lombardi Trophy and those much coveted Super Bowl rings.

‘Extra Time’ will also be covering the wide range of Varsity matches taking place, from women’s netball and lacrosse to men’s ice hockey., looking ahead to  tennis and basketball.

Rowing will very much be in the spotlight as we enter into March. From the Torpids college rowing regatta to, of course, the big one, the University Boat Race, we’ll be assessing how preparations are going and hearing from all the important people involved. The Varsity Boxing and Football are also sure to be featured as we round off what looks like being another eventful sporting term.

So, whether it’s a bit of sporting controversy, diversity or entertainment that you’re looking for as you wake up on a Saturday morning, then ‘Extra Time’ is the place where you’ll be able to hear it all.

‘Extra Time’ on Oxide Radio is broadcast on Saturday mornings from 11am-12pm. Listen live at www.oxideradio.co.uk/listen.html