Boy, 16, stabbed outside Baby love

A 16 year-old boy is in hospital with stab wounds following a violent clash outside Baby love bar at the weekend.

The boy was stabbed seven or eight times in the chest in the early hours of Sunday morning. The incident took place as part of a large-scale brawl involving twenty people, which began after the close of Baby love’s Halloween Party night and continued onto the High Street.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is currently being held in the John Radcliffe hospital in Headington, where his condition is described as stable.

A 25 year-old man was arrested by police in connection with the stabbing and has been released on bail pending further enquiry.
The fight took place after Baby love closed, and it is not known whether those involved had attended the club night.
A manager of Baby love said, “We have no idea who or what it involved, because everything happened outside the bar. Nothing happened inside. We know as much as you.”

He added that the management were currently examining CCTV to assist the police with their enquiries.

Katie Carver, a second year student at Christ Church, said, “I go to Baby love regularly and this incident has really upset me.
“It’s shocking to think these things are happening almost daily now. I think as students we’re at risk because after nights out we’re not aware of the dangers.”

Police are working to discover what happened prior to the boy being injured and have appealed for witnesses.

Detective Inspector Helen Roberts, who is investigating the incident, said, “Thankfully, the 16 year-old suffered injuries that were not life threatening.

“But it was a serious incident and many people would have seen it. There may well be people injured who we do not know about. If anyone saw anything or was injured please contact us.”

The incident comes as the latest in a string of violent attacks in Oxford. Earlier the same night two people were hospitalised after a fight outside the Bridge nightclub, which left a man with serious head injuries.