Varsity Trip line-up announced

Breakbeat musician A. Skillz and Radio One DJ Rob Da Bank have been announced as the headliners for this year’s Varsity Trip.

Cam FM’s Tim O’Brien will be the first to take to the stage at the Fire and Ice themed opening party and will be followed a DJ set from The Correspondents and leading act, A. Skillz.

“Twisted Circus”, the final night party will feature Varsity Trip Ents competition winner, Oxford student and producer, Day One who will be followed by a DJ set provided by the NME award winning White Lies. DJ Krafty Kuts will then precede headliner Rob Da Bank.

Other entertainment during the week includes the opening of VarCity, with award winning beat-boxer, Faith SFX and a comedy night which will be hosted by Matt Lacy of ‘Gap Yah’ fame and headlined by Sean Meo and Paul Foot.

William Sheldon, Varsity Trip 2012 Entertainments Director said, ‘The Varsity Trip Opening and Closing nights are set to be absolutely amazing. We feel privileged to be hosting such talented artists, who will be providing an incredible soundtrack to both nights. For each night the venue will be transformed, first into an extreme melting pot of Fire and Ice, and then into the wild and wicked Twisted Circus.”

He added, “With some surprises awaiting every participant these nights will be the biggest and best parties of the Oxbridge calendar.’

First year PPE-ist at Keble College, Emma Alexander said, “It seems like a great line-up, given that they won’t have had an unlimited budget, with a nice amount of variety too. The main complaint I’ve heard from people is that White Lies are appearing but only doing a DJ set. Having Matt Lacey of Gap Yah fame there for Comedy Night should be particularly amazing, and I think we were all glad that Oxford-based Day One won the ents vote to play on the Opening Night.

“Generally, I’m so excited for the trip and it’s going to be a great way to let off steam after a strenuous first term.”