Old Man Bridge endorses Queen’s Entz candidates

Old Man Bridge, known more formally as “Simon”, showed his support for a Queen’s JCR Entz campaign this week. A video circulated online shows Old Man Bridge appearing at a JCR hustings and presenting the Entz campaign for two Queen’s students, Max Jewell and Morgan Jones. 

In the video, Old Man Bridge is seen entering the room to great applause, before offering some words of support on behalf of the candidates. He told a packed JCR that “they seem to be extremely nice chaps … I give them my unequivocal endorsement”. He told the JCR that he had tried to get Katherine Jenkins to accompany him to the hustings but that his attempt had been unfruitful.  

Max Jewell told Cherwell that “We first caught the eye of Old Man Bridge in Junction one Friday night, this resulted in us being shown the tawdry underbelly of the Oxford club scene. After being dragged round the sweaty and sleazy jutting-floor of Purple Turtle we felt confident enough to invite this elder statesman of the Oxford club scene to our Entz hust. 

“Old Man Bridge didn’t really help with the campaign – he made it. Before he agreed to attend our hust consisted of a selection of (slightly) racist jokes yoked to a simplistic Freshers Week timetable. The results are yet to be announced, yet we can say that, without doubt, if we win it is all due to Old Man Bridge and if we lose it is because JCR democracy doesn’t work.”

The results of the election will be released later this week.