Playlist: Hottest Tracks of the Month

These are the songs that have lit up March, making us ready to spring into Easter.

March saw a whole host of high profile releases, as artists geared up for what will undoubtedly be a massive Spring and Summer of music. The Weeknd ended fans’ two year wait for new music with his sleek but sultry My Dear Melancholy, EP, while Shawn Mendes and George Ezra also leapt back into the charts with new singles.

Hip Hop once again had a strong month, with Post Malone, Rae Sremmurd and Lil Yachty all securing their places on March’s hotlist. Lil Dicky’s collaboration with Chris Brown, ‘Freaky Friday’, which was accompanied by a hilarious music video, was the big hit of the month on social media, which helped it to surge up the charts.

Country also made big moves, with The Shires teasing their new album, set to drop in April, by encouraging us to ease our chocolate-heavy consciences and to dance through Easter with their party anthem, ‘Guilty’, while Kacy Musgraves dropped her latest project to rave reviews.

All of which leaves our mouths watering for April’s releases – will Kylie Minogue’s comeback album be a hit? Will 30 Seconds to Mars break through the sound barrier with theirs? And will Gucci Mane, Migos and Lil Yachty’s proposed collaborative effort be a a star-studded showpiece, or another forgettable flop?

While we wait and see, let’s reflect on March’s hottest tracks…