OUAFC set to host Reserves Varsity this Weekend

OUAFC look ahead to a bumper Sunday of Varsity fixtures

OUAFC will be hosting three thrilling games of football this coming Saturday 26th February for Reserves Varsity at Oxford City. Not only will there be 3 fantastic games of football, but there will also be a bar and food stand running throughout the day.

First up this Saturday will be the Colts vs Kestrels match, following a years’ hiatus due to COVID. The last time these two teams faced each other, it was the Kestrels who came out top after a 0-0 draw was followed by a win on penalties. Following this, there will be the Women’s match where the Furies take on the Eagles. Cambridge will be looking to continue their winning streak off the back of last year’s 2-0 victory. However, after an undefeated season without dropping a point, the Furies will be looking very dangerous when they face Cambridge. To finish the day off, the Centaurs vs the Falcons under floodlights will prove to be a big match following a strong 1-0 Centaurs victory last year. 

The players have trained in rain, snow, storm Eunice, hangovers, and at ungodly hours of the day (Friday 8-10 pm I say no more…), all working towards the matches this Saturday. Get down and watch the Colts, Centaurs and Furies show Cambridge the real meaning of a (dark) Blue victory!

Image: Adrian Betteridge / CC BY 2.0 via Flickr