Going Up Going Down

Going Up:

All things Alice

With Tim Burton’s latest 3D offering and London’s Selfridges featuring Alice-inspired Stella McCartney pieces it seems as if everyone’s favourite shrunken heroine is everywhere at the moment.

WhatKatieWore.com

Just been chosen as one of the top 10 fashion blogs by The Observer. The task is simple: Joe writes the blog. Katie, his partner, wears the clothes. The challenge is to wear a different outfit every day for a year.

Beer

The hoppy beverage may be good for your bones, according to research from the University of California. Apparently it is a significant source of dietary silicon, a key ingredient for bone health.

Barefoot running

This year’s ‘let’s go back to nature’ fad is barefoot running. Fewer injuries, less strain on your feet and oh, that child-like feeling of running on the grass. Off to University Parks we go!

Going Down:

Lifts

The illusionist Mel Harvy’s attempt at breaking the record for the highest ever performed magic trick at the top of the Burj Tower in Dubai were vanquished due to a broken lift. He must hate heights.

Police

Gordon Brown has told police forces to keep a closer eye on their officers in an attempt to increase public confidence in the police. Less kissing and more patrolling in order then…

Ashley Cole

The latest Chelsea footballer whose private life has taken national attention. Cheating on the pitch is one thing but cheating on Cheryl Cole is just bizarre! ‘We’ve got to fight, fight, fight, then divorce…’ just doesn’t have quite the same ring to it.