Wadhamites walk to Wembley

Students from Wadham have suc­cessfully raised over £6000 for Kids’ Adventure, a charity run by a Wad­ham student, by walking from Ox­ford to Wembley Stadium in North London. The walk took place on the 2nd and 3rd of February, covering a total distance of 54 miles.

Sam Hurst and Josh Vivian devel­oped the initiative in order to raise money to support Kids’ Adventure, while the charity is organised by Au­gusta Higson, a fellow Wadhamite. Wadham footballer Jack Webb told Cherwell that the project came about as a result of his childhood prom­ise, “that [he] would get to Wembley whatever it took.” He added, “It’s a really great project that is responsi­ble for making a difference in a lot of children’s lives, even if it does mean that they are in college, screaming outside my window at stupid o’clock on Saturday mornings.”

Wadham’s JCR President, Jahnavi Emmanuel, said, “I think it was an amazing project and the fact that they were fundraising for a Wadham-based charity meant that the whole college really got into it.”

Higson added that the support has been fantastic and that “if anyone is interested in volunteering please email me on: kidsadventure@oxford­hub.org.”

StudentStudent – A student is a learner, or someone who attends an educational institution.