Cherpse! Dilip and Tori

"He seemed slightly too much like a classic networking City sell-out for my liking".

Dilip Goyal, 2nd Year, E&M, Brasenose

It was nice to meet Tori, she was very amiable and easy to talk to. Which meant that even though the date ended up feeling more like a drink with a friend, our time at George Street Social was fun all the same. The date got off to a slow start, following a hug/handshake mix-up but once we got over the initial awkwardness, the conversation soon picked up. Discussion flowed relatively freely covering topics ranging from GoT to sporting injuries to the demise of music venues. Overall, I had a good time, but I felt there wasn’t really that spark.

What was your first impression?

Nice, friendly.

Quality of the chat out of ten?

6s and 7s.

How did the date meet up with your expectations for it?

Given someone else signed me up, I didn’t really have any expectations but nevertheless had a nice time.

Most awkward moment?

I went for the hug, she went for the handshake.

Kiss or miss? 

Miss, sadly.

Tori Watson, 2nd Year, PPE, Worcester

We had a reasonably nice pint in George Street Social. I had to leave quite early for a friend’s birthday but we still managed to spend around an hour and half chatting. I’m not sure we had a huge amount in common; we both play sports, but none the same, and he seemed slightlytoo much like a classic networking E&M City sell-out for my liking. I also felt like I was in a job interview at points. I had a decent time though, and I particularly enjoyed the fact that he admitted he was voted ‘most likely to go on Love Island’ for Midway, denied that he would ever do it, and then two minutes later claimed he considered applying because he didn’t have a busy Trinity. 

What was your first impression?

Offered to buy me a drink then complimented me on my choice of beer so a decent start.

Quality of the chat out of ten?

A solid 6.5. He liked to talk a lot so we didn’t lack for topics but we didn’t exactly click. 

I didn’t really have expectations – it was okay.

Most awkward moment?

Nothing huuuugely awkward- he told me he’d spent a year at Imperial doing maths and all I responded with “quite a rogue choice…”.

Kiss or miss?

Miss (I hope he has better luck on Love Island).

Looking for love?

Email [email protected] or message one of our Life Editors Eve Webster or Simone Fraser!