Going Up Going Down

Going Up:

Ryan Reynolds

The chump who had minor success by playing Van Wilder, has not only married Scarlett Johansson but has been announced as the new face of Hugo Boss. Clearly a chump no more.

The Winter Olympics

The last Olympic events before London have begun in Vancouver; is it just us who can’t stop humming the Ski Sunday theme tune?

Glastonbury

Muse have just announced that they will be joining U2, Jack Johnson and Dizzee Rascal at the UK’s premiere festival. With a surprise act to be announced to mark the festival’s 40th anniversary, this will one to go to.

Dancin’ Oxford

Of course it’s cool, it’s without a ‘g’! Dance away those fifth week blues with Oxford Dance Festival launched this week. Find that inner Latino with some salsa, or channel some Bollywood with a little bangra. We can’t promise you’ll look cool, but it’ll be fun for sure.

Going Down:

Facebook Friends

60% of people who boast over 170 Facebook friends have admitted to meeting up regularly with only ten of their online buddies. Unsurprising news as the human brain can only process 150 relationships at a time – start pal-pruning!

Decimal Points

They’re clearly going down if Tories don’t understand them. Cameron recently criticised Labour for the fact that 54% of young girls in ten most deprived areas are pregnant. In fact, only 5.4% are – Conservatives just can’t do decimals. Eh, do your maths properly, Dave.

Moaning

Yes, it’s 5th week and yes the weather’s less than enjoyable. But please stop moaning about this and look at the bright side of life – half-way halls, Cardinal’s Cocktails or coffee breakfasts with friends

Sat Navs

After a period of low activity, the Sun is ‘awakening’ again, heading towards a Solar Maximum, which is due to interfere hugely with sat-nav signals, sending drivers off on wild goose chases, and badly affecting emergency service vehicles.