The OSPL Talent Awards 2009

UPDATE: DEADLINE EXTENDED! You can keep sending nominations in until Monday of 3rd Week.

UPDATE: Tennis legend TIM HENMAN will be judging the Sport category! Get nominating!

Oxford Student Publications (the owners of Cherwell and The Isis), in association with The Corner Club, is looking to celebrate the best of Oxford talent for 2009. Therefore, we are asking for nominations of outstanding individuals in the five categories listed below. The 10 winners from each category will be awarded with the fantastic prize of a year’s membership (worth £125) of The Corner Club, Oxford’s foremost private members’ club.

Categories:

*Performing Arts

*Creativity & Entrepreneurship

*Politics & Charity

*Journalism & Writing

*Sport

All you need to do to nominate an individual (or, for that matter, yourself), is to send the details of the person you are nominating, the category you are nominating them for, and a minimum of 50 words detailing why they are worthy of being awarded in that particular category to [email protected] by Monday of THIRD Week.

We will then roll out the awards on a weekly basis in the Cherwell, category by category. And, at the end of the competition (Eighth Week), we will hold an exclusive and smashing party for the winners and guests at The Blue Bar, The Corner Club’s funky new public bar on the ground floor.

In total, we have a massive 50 Awards and memberships to give out, worth £6,250! So, if you think someone you know (or yourself) excels in a particular field of student life, get nominating!