Shoes glorious shoes!

There is so much eye candy stepping out for spring, from the structurally dominating to the finely detailed. Shoes are undeniably the new power accessory.

Favour cut-out shapes and multiple straps for that graphic feel. Equally art-deco inspired is this season’s ‘colour block’ clothing trend, which has seemingly transcended to the footwear domain – blow your overdraft on these Stella McCartney nautical but bank-breaking platforms.

In every colour of the rainbow, let your feet get LOUD – we’re feeling Givenchy’s fuchsia lace-ups, which will literally makes an outfit. In fact (and I never thought I’d say this) the duller the clothing the better! Teamed with an LBD, these turquoise Topshop beauties make for a match made in heaven.

Textures are equally varied, with catwalks featuring masses of exotica in the form of snakeskin, animal print, embellishment, and patent and metallic leathers. New Look’s fab studded purple heels are a must – at only £25, they make for a guilt-free must-have! This season is about statement – whether in shape, colour, fabric or the sheer courage to brave a potentially ankle-destroying height – your feet are set to steal the show.

For a serious glamour injection look no further than sky-scraper heels with double platforms (preferably hidden, thus cunningly enhancing leg length!). Although somewhat overexposed this summer, it seems the Gladiator sandal is here to stay (sigh…), however this time it’s heeled, show-stopping, and ready to continue fulfilling all your Trojan fantasies – click onto asos.com for this striking woven leather pair. 

Credentials

Purple shoes:  New Look, £20;  Red shoes:  Faith, £55; Ruffle shoes:  Topshop, £65; Patent shoes:  Dorothy Perkins, £30

Stylists:  Nina Fitton & Julia Fitzpatrick

Photographers:  Hector Durham & Niina Tamura

Models:  Amelia Jenne & Holly Parsons